Wednesday, March 26, 2008

03.26.2008 -- Because I Can

Lucy requested a picture of us together for today.


I am posting today because I can. Besides, if I wait until I really, really want to, I probably won't have time.

We had a good Easter weekend. It started early at the end of last week, as far as Lucy was concerned--she had lots going on Thursday and Friday with friends over to play. Saturday was close to ideal for me, starting out with a good yoga session in Corena's class, followed by a walk with Lucy, Rachel and Zoey. The only thing that didn't go well was my timing between 11 and 1 pm. I was supposed to be in Kaysville at noon and made it only before 1 pm. Boo.

In Kaysville, we had lunch, participated in an Easter egg hunt (see photos in previous post), and colored eggs. Lots of fun. Lucy was in heaven.



With this sequence of stimulating days, I feel like I should have predicted that Lucy would have a meltdown Sunday right before church. (The only upside to weekend meltdowns is that it gives Brian some perspective. Otherwise, he would have to imagine what it's like to manage a throughly inconsolable two-year-old.)

I think the event started off with a lack of rest (indicated by a midmorning nap in my arms), was added to by waking the dragon (Lucy is hard to wake up), and topped off with conflicting ideas about what to wear. Lucy decided that she didn't want to wear either of the dresses that I picked out for her, but we had to hurry. I picked one and helped her into it against her will. This is not fun.

Lucy finally calmed down about 4 hours later. Wait...it just seemed like 4 hours. In reality, it took her about 40 minutes to accept her plight.

She got to remove the offending dress after she got home from church, but wanted it back once she saw that her cousins were wearing their dresses at Grandma's.

Oh, the drama.



Something yummy and pretty: Mix raspberry and pineapple sherbet with various berries, freeze and serve. I hadn't ever tasted this dessert before Sunday. I liked it a lot.


Monday night, we had Lucy's other cousins over for dinner. Wow. Can I just say that I passed something on to Lucy in the form of unabated enthusiasm when in the presence of people she loves? She was overflowing with energy Monday night, and I blame it on Monica, Eric, and their boys. I'll download pictures from that night tomorrow, maybe.

Right now I've got to close out by recounting Lucy's most recent prayer:

Heavenly Father,
Thank you for noodles.
Bless the noodles.
Thank you for Nanny.
Thank you for my fish.
Thank you for food.
Thank you for strollers.
Thaaaank you for food.
Amen