Sunday, October 19, 2008

10.19.2008 -- Lucyisms


An idea I got from Ashley:

Things that Lucy says her own way that I love. I, like Ashley, don't correct her because I know she'll be flawless in her language all too soon. It's a little hard to come up with these...Lucy seems to have a talent for talking. But what do I know, being just her mom?

In this picture (taken today), Lucy is wearing her "girl" earrings. Lucy also has a "girl" necklace that matches. She wears her "girls" all the time.

Me: "Lucy, can you help me pick up the toys?"
Lucy: "I mam!" (I am!)

Lucy calls her throat her "throwup." As in, "I swallowed my broccoli and it's going down my throwup to my tummy."

Lucy is very good at enunciating the word, "actually." She likes to use it for emphasis in lots of creative ways. Once in a while, she'll use it in a way that's conventional.

"Young." Not sure what this means to Lucy. She often uses this in contexts that are not clear to me. Me: "How was school, Lucy?" Lucy: "Um, it's kind of young, so..."

It cracks me up when Lucy says "seriously." She uses it perfectly. For example, "Mom, we need to go to the park..... seriously."

"Matoes." For some reason, this is only a two syllable word to Lucy. These are frequently discussed, as we have several "mato" plants on our deck which she can see from her window. Similarly, bananas are "nanas."

"Feathering." Lucy's word for dusting with a feather duster.

"Scrubber." Lucy's word for our push and pull diamond shaped hoe.

"Leggies." Leggings.


That's it for now, I guess. I'll add more as they come up.