Wednesday, March 2, 2011

03.02.2011 -- Tell Me The Truth


This past weekend, I spoke with someone for the first time in about 16 years. One of the questions she asked me was, "How do you like being a mother?" She prefaced her question with, "Maybe I shouldn't ask this right now..." (the implication being that maybe I like it less with a newborn baby?)

Without hesitation (because I've been thinking a lot about this lately), I answered, "I love it." "Honestly," I said, "I consider it one of the biggest luxuries ever to have my children snuggled up to me and to just spend time with them." As I type this, Charlie is crying on my lap, and Lucy is waiting for breakfast. I wasn't able to finish my work-out this morning (I'll try to complete it later?), but I wouldn't change places with anyone.

(I got a new computer for Christmas --thanks, BT!--and I haven't figured out how to access the pictures uploaded, so for now, I will be using pictures taken from the computer itself.)