Saturday, October 18, 2008

10.18.2008 -- Recycle Anything? Really?

While I was waiting to get the oil changed and tires rotated for our station wagon, I picked up a "Real Simple" magazine and found an article that I have been waiting for for a long time:

HOW TO RECYCLE ANYTHING

How cool is that?

Saturday fun for me: cleaning house. Hey, I never said that it's the only thing I like to do. But there is an enormous level of peace and satisfaction that comes from bringing all into shiny order. It makes me feel sane.

I cannot believe that we will soon have another body in the house. It's so exciting and a premise so loaded with hope that it's a little scary. A lot of times, babies die. I know that chances are very, very good that this little one will make it fine. There's just that little part of me that wants to take nothing for granted... Nevertheless: I have the crib set completed. I only did the bumper pads and the dust ruffle. My sweet mother-in-law did two sheets for me.

Monica has been coming to help me each Tuesday and she is responsible not only for the completion of the crib set (catalyst) but for lots of other projects that I'd been putting off. (See Blog on a Bog, where I said I was overwhelmed.) Yay for her (and for me).

This whole Tuesday help day thing was all her idea, but I had ideas that the goodness might not all end up in my lap. For me, at least, when I get a chance to help someone out at their place, it often carries over into my (our) place--home. Well, Monica caught the nesting fever and did some major work at her house this week. So much of the time, completing these projects
(that make such a difference) is only a matter of starting and keeping at it, even when it feels sort of hopeless.

Brian's day: Up early to ride his mountain bike with buddies, lunch date with Lucy, plant shopping with Lucy, planting trees, shoveling gravel, picking up Lucy from Aunt Rebecca's house, and a late movie with friends while I finish (finish!!!) my lesson for tomorrow. He's going to sleep well....like some other people I know:



This is how Lucy came home from Aunt Rebecca's: asleep with papertowel curls going for tomorrow. Gotta love that sister-in-law.