Friday, June 12, 2009

06.12.2009 -- Friday Night Lite




It has been too long since I posted. It leaves me wondering where, exactly, a delay turns into a drought. One thing is for sure: the longer the DELAY from last published post, the higher my own expectation is for post quality. (Quality, my eye!)

Really, though. There is something to that. If I continued to buy into that perfection thing, I would be able to count my blog posts on one hand. Anyhow, the aim of the blog is to work as a journal, not a lasting literary work. So I post.

I'm going to resist the temptation to catch up from where I left off.

Today has been nice. Not completely nice, but nice. The un-nice parts of it were/are: my own lack of sleep and Lucy's drama. These ended up being just a blip today. Nice.

Other news: we have new neighbors. ...They seem really great.

Funny things:
They/we have a weimaraner.
They have a daughter named Zoe. We have a dog named Zoe.
She is about my height, and he is about Brian's height.

Not funny things:
We really liked our other neighbors. We will miss them.
Our new neighbor plays professional basketball overseas, which means he and the rest of the family will be gone relatively lots.