Monday, April 19, 2010

04.19.2010 -- Hilarious


After his shower this morning, I wrapped Gabe in a towel and set him up to get him diapered. He's laying there, knowing that he and I are about to engage in our recurring diaper struggle: He crawls away, I snag him and drag him back. He flips over, I pin his hips down to hold him still.

This morning, Gabe had a different strategy.

He holds his hand, fingers extended, over his twig and bits and tells me, very seriously, "hot." He repeats, "hot." Here I will translate all that comes through his eyes: "Mom, be careful. I'm hot. If you touch me, you'll get burned." All seriousness. He's really selling it.

"Ooh," I say. I look at him doubtfully, touch his leg hesitantly, then pull back. He burned me! I play it up.

Hilarious.

Big belly laughs. We have found our morning game.

What a funny kid. :)