Monday, November 7, 2011

11.07.2011 -- Degrees of Success

Happy 10 month birthday to my sweet Charlie. He had a rough night last night. Thank goodness I have a husband who helps me.

After trying to change my diet on Friday and failing by eating all kinds of sugar and treats, I needed to figure out something that would work for me. With a little thought, I figured out that trying to cut out so many problem foods (sugar addiction, anyone?) AND trying to keep calories in check was making me panic a little bit. So I decided that for the first bit, I would eat veggies, fruits, meat, nuts, but i wouldn't worry about how much I ate.

So far, so good! Saturday and Sunday have been good. I was expecting to get a headache sometime because I have in the past. It didn't set in until last night. I still have it, but I know it won't last forever.

Last night for dinner, we had turkey, butternut squash, pesto and green beans. This morning for breakfast, I had turkey, butternut squash and pesto. Pretty soon here, I will make myself a yummy shake with banana and berries and spinach, protein powder and soy milk.

It's amazing how you are able to notice the natural sweetness in food when you cut out sugar. Fruit is sweet, of course, but almonds are, too.

On Saturday, Charlie and I went to Logan to have a wedding dress party with lots of family for my cousin, Becca. We brought our wedding dresses and she tried them on, then we headed out to some local shops so she could try on other styles. Totally fun. I STILL feel grateful to my Aunt Lorna who served yummy salad and delicious minestrone soup that was so, so satisfying. It gave me hope that I could make the change.

After spending the afternoon with that wonderful group of people, I stopped at a shop to see if I could find frames for a project I have in mind. I found two barn wood frames that will work and got them at 60% off. Today I will get sheet metal for them and make them into magnet boards to put in the play area downstairs to satisfy the kids' urge to put stuff up on the walls.

I live such a glamorous life.