Tuesday, September 4, 2012

09.03.2012 -- Pow

Brian, Lucy, Gabe, Charlie and I got back from Lake Powell this afternoon.  Lake Powell is amazing and too fun for words.  The drive there and back with our three kids is also too... fun... for words.

Highlights include:

Charlie playing mostly with TicTacs and other colored candies (ChewySweetTarts) on the way down.  He emptied all of the TicTacs out over and over.  The SweetTarts, he emptied into a cup then fished out only orange ones to go into an empty TicTac container.  Then the sprinkled them all over the floor of the truck with gusto.

I really have to remind myself that, although we will never be without challenges while traveling, at least our current set will not last forever.  Charlie *hates* his car seat.

We are able to spend time with lots of wonderful people any time we go to Lake Powell, and this time was no exception.  We loved hanging out with the Henries and the Johnsons.  They had to leave earlier than us, so we spent our last night on the boat alone.  We slept under the starts and it was about as good as you would expect.  Beautiful, tranquil, clear skies, perfect September Arizona weather, no bugs...

Gabe woke up early crying out about Transformers.  He recounted his disturbing dream for me later that morning.  In his dream, I had a red Transformer toy for Gabe.  I kept trying to give it to Gabe, and he kept trying to tell me that he wanted a yellow one.  In the wee dawn hours, Brian comforted him by whispering, "you'll get a Transformer, Gabe..."  Oh Gabe.  He is big on appreciation these days, often telling me that I'm the best, or that he loves me--just out of the blue.

Lucy is a tubing queen.  She almost can't get enough of it.  I'm not sure she has been driven to her own satisfaction yet, though.  She always asks drivers to go faster and find more waves.  I got my first glimmer of boating in the future this past week, when Lucy took charge of the rope without being asked, and did it really well!


This is a picture of Antelope Canyon.  
Not a shabby place to swim for hours and jump off rocks into perfect water.