Friday, January 3, 2014

01.03.2014 -- Miracles Do Happen

Until tonight, I hadn't realized that I've never had a drama-free violin practice session with Lucy. 

But it is possible!  It happened!  Amazing!

Exclamation marks!

I know, she doesn't look very excited.


In one of my last posts of 2013, I wrote some questions.  Here they are again with their answers:
 
1) Will my kitchen table ever again serve as anything other than a (messy) Christmas staging area?
  • Yes!  As I wrote on Christmas Eve, we did eat dinner on the table.  And that surface became a prep space directly afterward.
2) Will I address and send all of the Christmas cards I have before the 25th?
  • I ended up needing more than I had....
3) Will Lucy practice her violin again before performing with the local Suzuki Strings group?
  • Nope.  But it turned out well anyway.
4) Will any of my children make it to school this week?
  • Lucy made it back for Friday.  Little victories.
5) Will Gabe ever go to preschool again?
  • Yes!  And although he complains A LOT about going almost anywhere, including birthday parties, he is satisfied and happy when I pick him up.
6) Will my children discover my Christmas gift hiding spots this year?
  • Nope!
7) Will I ever again get to go to my adult gymnastics class to learn the art of artfully flinging my middle-aged body upside down and rightside up again?
  • Yes!  But this is still hard.  I can't seem to get the world to stop allowing other things to happen on gym night.