Monday, December 15, 2008

12.15.2008 -- Love and Hate (very inconsequential post)


Had no idea of the date today. That's what happens when you hole up in the house in defense of seasonal germ attack.

The other day, I posted my status on Facebook as: "thinks Facebook is great. Seriously." A friend replied, "Are you breaking up with Facebook?" I know. He's quite a character. The reason I think Facebook is great? It reconnected me with Fatou N'Diaye!!

In catching up with other friends, I often double up. Some friends have a major Facebook presence and also rockin' blogs. This gives me the option of letting them know I stalk them by leaving a note of Facebook or on their blog (unless they're like me and don't allow comments). Anyway, this phenomenon is how I came up with this subject...

I have a love hate relationship with Facebook. I love that it has connected me with so many WONDERFUL friends that I've shamefully lost contact with (but never in my heart). I hate the way I sometimes feel completotally overwhelmed by the whole idea of it. (Yes, I may need to check into treatment for anxiety problems.) Like recently, where so many people that I care about made comments about Gabe... I haven't replied to a single one. It's overwhelming, okay? I know I should just suck it up and jump in. Maybe I will today.

Today, I am winning the war against Disney/Pixar. I have spent about 4 hours reading to Lucy.

Take that, animated Tinkerbell!!!

As I type, Lucy is cleaning the floor and Gabe is luxuriating in his vibrating bouncy thing.