Monday, April 13, 2009

04.13.2008 -- Officially

love this landscape - stopped just to take pictures



and this, the other direction (but the light was better seconds before)








blue, green, gold -- pattern, perspective and texture



i now know how big a party coloring eggs can really be! thanks, LL!




wild-man Gabe unleashed at the annual boy scout fundraising breakfast



enlarge this picture to see how Gabe is enjoying the conversation as much and Grandma...



"Mom, can we come here every day?" glasses from the teddy bear



"my friend, Emma"




Favorite story from the weekend:

. . . . . Grandpa was, perhaps, not the world's most patient man.
Apparently, one of his coping mechanisms when he was
(impatiently) waiting for the family, was
to go out to the car and honk the horn.

Grandma, interrupting Grandpa's exit to
the car, one inspired day, handed the
baby to Grandpa and told him, "You get the baby ready
and I'll go honk the horn."

No more horn honking!




Lucy and her egg-colorist



the "girl with the flowered dress" in her restaurant






the new bike



I officially can't sleep. Also, officially, it's still the 13th of April, although there is no way that this post will be posted until it's officially one day later. But I have a lot in my head tonight, so I may need to have another date available before tomorrow. I've found that it's unsatisfactory to post with the same date twice.

Facebook. If you don't know what Facebook is all about, don't worry about it. Skip to the next paragraph. I keep thinking of status updates, yet most of them are unsuitable for one reason or the other. Mostly they're too ambiguous or strange or personal. You know, I have a reputation to uphold. (ha.)

I haven't added to my blog for two weeks! That might be a record of some kind. What's going on? Spring has sprung. Spring break, and Easter and a billion (lovely) family functions happened. For the past ten or so years, Spring Break has been relatively meaningless. HOWEVER, this year, I decided to treat it with respect. Because of that, Lucy and I and (maybe) Gabe had more fun than usual last week.