Friday, April 15, 2011

04.15.2011 -- Love, Chopped Liver

A few thoughts:

After moving chairs back into their regular positions around the dining table, I realized that I want to remember this: Lucy and Gabe are so enamoured with their father that they want to sit *right* *beside* *him* at dinner. Me? Chopped liver. (Liver is nutritious and thrifty!) Just to clarify, Brian sits at the head of the table. Normally, this is a spot for one, but lately, our kids have challenged that paradigm and have decided that there's room for two: one Daddy and one Jelly Bean, or one Daddy with one Boone. (This is fine with me. I know my kids are with me all day. I know that they love me too.)

We owe a lot to Star Trek.
But seriously, folks. After explaining to Lucy the other day that when I was a kid, phones were attached to the wall and didn't play music and no one texted, televisions were gigantically fat etc... I remember something somebody wrote (which I read) that pointed out the role that science fiction plays in directing inventive minds. Dream it, do it. On Star Trek, they were using communicators (Blue Tooth headsets) and touch screens to get things done a long time ago. Thanks, Gene Roddenberry!

On a final note, unless I was too sleepy to notice, I think Charlie slept through the night last night! (10 - 6) I'm not holding my breath until this happens again.

Happy Friday!