Monday, February 4, 2008

2.4.2008

I am a total and utter gushbomb.
But this is my blog and I can write whatever I want.


I have a fantastic husband. We had friends over last night and there was potential to have a big mess left over along with the dill dip, the barbeque chicken and guacamole. But no--only dip, chicken and guac--no mess. And it is mostly due to Brian. I love that about him. (It doesn't hurt to have thoughtful, clean friends over, either.)

Lucy has been quiet for a while--I left her in her room playing with the radio and looking at books. Anyone with experience in this area will tell you that if a child is quiet, there is more to worry about--not less. Lucy had been quiet for a while and I was kind of looking forward to discovering the surprise. She wasn't in her room...

Turns out she had made her way into what will one day be the study, and has been playing with scissors, cutting tiny pieces of paper and embroidery floss.


I tried to upload some pictures in the past few days, but there was a problem with something, so it didn't work. Here's one of them.


Lucy woke up while Brian was out snowblowing. She was quite anxious to see him, so we came up with this solution. She's sitting on the laundry room counter. She didn't see much of him, so we removed ourselves to the garage, which was exponentially colder, but offered a much better vantage point of Daddy.

If anyone is following my fitness adventures, they continue! Rachel came over this morning and we did kickboxing. It nearly killed me, but here I am! We went to Corena's class on Saturday--hard, but better. I'm keepin' on keepin' on.