Tuesday, January 29, 2008

1.29.2008

Does DanceDanceRevolution count as an honest to goodness workout? I think so. And my calves think so, too. Rachel set her alarm clock wrong yesterday, so I forwent the Jillian workout and just played DDR for an hour by myself. Hmm. Actually, it was more than an hour. If you put the game on workout mode, you can set a time limit/goal. So, I was "dancing" for an hour, but not straight through. I bet you're glad I cleared that up.

According to the workout mode calculations on this video game, I "ran" the equivalent of 7 miles. Or was it 14? It might be 14 and I might have just deducted that I could maybe believe that it equaled 1/2 that... Anyway--it was much better than nothing. I had a hard time walking yesterday, and this morning was painful, too. Jillian this morning. Burpees.

I was reading through my posts recently and noticed that on 1.9.2008, I wrote that I have given up on my dreams of running a marathon. Well... Maybe not. Read Christy's blog and maybe you'll be inspired like I have been.

I got a lot done yesterday. Excercise, doctor, prescription, appointments made, appointments kept, forms filled out, dinner made, family night accomplished (sort of), house tidied up, baby (sort of) cuddled. Good for me.

Lucy only had one accident yesterday. Good for everybody!!!

The only thing on my calendar for today is cleaning the kitchen at the church with fellow enrichment committee members. Should be fun.

I made a commitment to myself never to post without a picture. Here is today's. Check out the character (wrinkles) I got goin' on!