Thursday, June 19, 2008

06.21.2008 -- Slow Burn Freak Out

Even since I opened an e-mail from a good fiend (spellchecker!).... I'll start over. Ever since a good friend of mine sent me a link to an article written by a woman who had pages and pages to fill about her regrets about blogging too freely, I have been reluctant at my keyboard.

Add to this reluctance my main motivation for blogging (journaling)--and you get a little conundrum. I get very bored with surface writing. To me, it's like licking wax on an apple when there's juiciness (and a complete color change) just a little deeper.

That said:

The National Hydrocephalus Association has one conference a year. This year, the conference is in Park City. I figure that I have no excuse not to go, but to say only that would give an impression that I don't want to go. I want to go, but I'm anxious about it.

Anxious partially because I've never been there, but I think that in a bigger way, it's because exposure to the unpleasant realities of hydrocephalus is painful. I don't like thinking about various and sundry problems and disabilities that come with the diagnosis. All the more reason for me to go.

This post needs some rewriting, but I'm posting it now in the name of progress (to be revisited.)

NOW, I'm off to get Lucy ready for cousin time. She'll be spending a lot of time with cousins this weekend while I'm attending mini-courses on things like Neuropsychology, Slit Ventricle Syndrome, Shunt Infections, Headaches and Hydrocephalus, and "Subtle Discrimination," to name a few.

Lucy this morning

I guess in the right light, this weekend can serve to make me even more grateful for Lucy's lack of complications and her obvious general health.