Friday, June 27, 2008

06.27.2008 -- Button Trouble

Yesterday, I decided to follow my Beastie inspiration and got crafty. By the way, if you know the song I'm referring to, I got crafty only in the Martha Stewart sense.

I made some things for Lucy's favorite doll (who has no name). I made a jumper out of the bottom third of some of my old jeans (now shorts), which sports the first embroidery from the not-often-used Tayler sewing machine. Other new additions to Favorite Doll's wardrobe: a clever pink shirt (not double knit) that fits over Favorite Doll's head but has no ties or fasteners of any kind, some doll panties (retrofitted and straight from Lucy's drawer), and a blanket.

Lucy was pretty thrilled. She took Favorite Doll to bed after we undressed her to wash her hair. By Lucy's decree, all clothing was replaced on Favorite Doll for the night. This morning, I followed the stricken cries for help to find Lucy sitting up in bed, hot tears streaming from her cheeks. She was distraught. All because the buttons on Favorite Doll's jumper had come off in the night. I had pinned them on because, although I have a sewing machine, I have yet to locate my normal sewing needles. Not my best move, I know.

We made an emergency trip in our PJs to grandma's house to borrow a needle. I made the repair. All is well.

The camera is out today and I am in full blown mom-photographer mode. When I asked Lucy if I could take a picture of her with her doll, this is the "shoot" she set up:







Quote of the day: "Mom, I need your noisiest bowls and some drumsticks."