Sunday, August 17, 2008

08.17.08 -- What is the Date?

What is this?


Seriously, WHAT IS THE DATE??

Okay, you got me. I obviously had to look at the date before I put the title on this post. Sometimes I just like to use my first conscious blogthoughts as the title.

This title reflects the slightly mashed state of my psyche. Lately, I have had what I will describe as a tremendous drive to get things in order and to get things done. It has been largely successful to this point. I'm not sure what I'll tackle tomorrow, but in the past week, I made sense of Lucy's closet, our closet, over a dozen drawers, the pantry and the fridge.

In addition to this organizing frenzy, I have kept the house PDC (pretty darn clean), and the laundry up to date. I have socialized to a moderate degree and even read a full book. Another accomplishment: preparation & delivery of the Relief Society lesson. Now, I like challenges, so I like teaching these lessons once a month--but it still stresses me out. As much as I've tried to get it all together weeks in advance, it somehow always ends up coming together minutes before we leave for church. I guess old habits are hard to break. This is a habit I've been reinforcing for as long as I can remember.

The pattern: Read a lot on the subject to be presented in report/essay/project/lesson form. Digest. Read more, follow any whims that arise along the way. Digest. Once the deadline is imminent, make sense of it all (with intended audience in mind).

This month's effort came together in a way that made me very happy. I had a feeling it would work and this gave me an extra boost for the lesson itself...the extra boost in turn made the whole thing better. Ta-da! Self-fulfilling prophecy!

Among other things this week, I've got a neighborhood party, time with Grandma (my Grandma, Lucy's Great Grandma), Lucy's birthday party with friends, Lucy's family birthday party, and a mini family reunion. As always, I'm preoccupied with all things creative, so I've got Lucy's little friend party on the brain...and it will be little. She gave me a handful of names and I didn't press her for more.



The invitation was heaps of fun for me to put together (earlier tonight)--the rest of the party should be just as entertaining for me. Lucy? She wants cupcakes and friends to attend. So is the party for her or for me?



Brian's watching the Olympics on TV, Lucy's asleep.
I'm standing at the computer, listening to the crickets outside.
This is me, 25.5 weeks pregnant.