Friday, September 5, 2008

09.05.08 -- Amn't I Blessed?

unintentional funny face :)
Am I not?

Today was great. (Big sigh.) The picture of me above was taken at the beginning of my hike! This trail is one of my favorite places in the world. Can I show you why?




All that within a couple of minutes from home! It was so nice to get outside today with Zoe--for more than 2 hours! Hallelujah--I am not as out of shape as I feared. I would've taken Lucy, but it gets a little tedious for her. Fortunately, we also live minutes away from Lucy's fabulous Grammy Judy and her Aunt Nan. They love her, and she loves them, and sometimes it works out so they hang out together and let me do something else.

That is the beginning of the story of my first real hike in a long time. For posterity's sake, I will omit the middle and the end except to say that:

I love our dog.
I love September.
I love hiking with our dog in September.
I love being a mom.
...and this is the gushiest I'm getting:
I love my husband.


We have a wall under construction right now. You know what they say about simple minds...well, I'm fascinated watching these go up. Lucy liked it, too.



Now what happened to my explanation for the title of this post? My brother, Mike, and I used to say "I amn't" instead of "I'm not." I sort of get a kick out of the way we stuck together and kept at it, even when people told us that "amn't" wasn't a word. Eventually, of course, we relented and accepted everyone else's standards.

Maybe one day, it will be an acceptable contraction.