Thursday, September 11, 2008

09.11.2008 -- Blog on a Bog

Lucy talking to Aunt Monica after her first day at pre-school.


I think I'm overwhelmed. This sometimes happens and it appears that my normal reaction to this feeling is to slow every non-essential function to a near halt. There are lots of things I want to get done--lots and lots. But "things" are slow by necessity--just because I can't do everything myself and even the things I can do myself are limited by you-name-it. Even describing this is a little bit painful to my psyche. Just a little. (Don't worry.)

So, yeah. I can't figure out where my limitless supply of energy went. (I miss you, LSE, wherever you are.)

My schedule for the rest of the month is chock-full. Not every day... but of the 19 remaining days left in September, I have just a handful left that are not committed in a serious way. This will be a clever way to pass through some of the final(ish) weeks of pregnancy. Most of me is really looking forward to all the activity/excitement. Part of me wants to lay down on the couch. :)

I love Lucy more than can be conveyed by words, I love spending time with her. AND I miss spending time with my husband when I am not really tired or just mentally trying to recover from a long day with a challenging 3 year-old. AND I realize that some things in life are just mutually exclusive.