Sunday, February 8, 2009

02.08.2009 -- New Fish


Welcome, "Book Storage."

Last night, Lucy and I made a run to the pet store to get bagged food for Zoe. Lucy said that we should get a friend for Baby Fish because "she's really loooonely." After looking in the goldfish tank for a few minutes to wait our turn, Lucy asked the fish girl for a little fish that wouldn't grow. "They're all alive, so they all grow," said the fish girl. Lucy picked out a baby goldie with a black stripe along his back and we paid 13 cents to take him home.

We'll see if his name sticks. So far, it's made it through a night's sleep. I asked Lucy the fish's name this morning and it was still "Book Storage." Yes, Book Storage. Lucy enunciates pretty well.

Other news: This makes day six for me on Amoxicillin, and day six of the GHR (Great Hair Release--you know, when half of your hair falls out after hormone shifts and all that). My earache and sore throat are almost gone. I guess for me, like my mom says, "Patience is a four-letter word." My love for a three-day, three-pill course of antibiotics (Z-Pak Azithromiacin?) is unabated. The doctor that saw me put me on the forever course because I'm nursing and because with a sinus infection, lower dose is better because it's hard to get to the sinuses....or something like that. I may have misunderstood.

Lucy has three bottles of that pink goo Amoxicillin from her pediatrician, so maybe the "twice a day forever" thing is really what's best. She loves it and loves to squirt it into her own mouth. Hooray for sweet pink goop!

Wow. It is now painfully clear how eventful our lives have been these past few weeks. I officially blogged about antibiotics.