Monday, December 5, 2016

03.06.16 -- Long Strange Trip

Sometimes, a person just wants to put her words out there for all the world to read, I guess.

Today I have the itch to write.

I'm scared.

There's that meme going around that says something like, "Trying to figure out who to vote for is like trying to decide what STD is just right for me." It hits home. Here's my problem. I have a hard time believing someone who I would want to vote for would put him or herself in that position.

And then there's F@cb@@k. What an exercise in futility. It is filled with people trying to change other people's minds about so many things... It's hard to imagine a person open minded enough to actually change their mind about a candidate or a position. I guess there might be some who are undecided who might be swayed.

And I am scared about who might be elected. Does it matter who I dread most? Probably not. Who is going to read this and change their vote?

But I'm sort of obsessed with it.

Politics is something that I feel obligated to give a certain amount of consciousness to, and then I get sucked in. Before I know it, embarrassing amounts of my life have been sucked away and I have nothing to show for it. I do not try to change people's minds.

So, I pray. I pray that somehow, the American people will not screw it up, and that we will somehow avoid being suckers or idiots or idealists.

I'm sure that's laughable to lots of people, but I believe in prayer.