Monday, December 5, 2016

12.18.15 -- Decisions, Decisions

Christmas time is here again! Over the last few days, I have been working on Christmas cards and the summary of the past year. This year, my first inclination was to group all of the months together, just because I can't believe it's the end of another year.

I like designing the card. I like how, with a few years under my belt, I have cards to look back on... I'm building a body of work. I like writing a super-brief summary about the past year. I can't do it without going through the pictures I took in the last 12 months, and there are a LOT of great memories. It helps my perspective. Things go so fast!

So... do I reprint the cards I've already done after discovering more typos and adding odds and ends? No. Sorry folks. I'm just going to send them as they are.    (As they are will I send them.)

How many cards do I send out. The Lorax tells me not to send any... just to post it on Facebook, or send them by email. On the other hand, I get to see the faces of people I love taped to my pantry door (on the Christmas cards that were sent to us), and I want to reciprocate.

Decisions, Decisions.

Here's the rundown for 2015:



January: Brian celebrates his birthday by going snowmobiling, Charlie celebrates turning 4 by running around, up and over giant inflatable bouncy toys. Both parties involve lots of friends. Happiness! Skiing for all of us! Preparing to move.*

February: We discover the Natural History Museum in Salt Lake and fall in love. Lucy is passionate about All-Star Cheerleading. Gabe is doing his best not to zone out in the Chinese part of his kindergarten. Charlie enjoys 4 sets of HotWheels tracks from his birthday. Occasional skiing! Preparing to move.*

March: More cheer practice, more violin practice, more gymnastics practice, more Chinese, not much good skiing. (But some!) Skateboarding, diorama building, preparing to move.*

April: A fun trip to Idaho, ice bowling, gym, violin, Chinese, homework, playdates. Face paint. Some skiing. Deciding not to move.*

May, June, July, August: School, gym, playdates, cheer. Preschool and Kindergarten graduation. Violin practice, cheer practice, gymnastics. Gabe starts level 4 gymnastics (competitive). Swimming. Late nights. Silver Lake time! Frog and newt hunting. Kennebunkport time! Family! Lucy         celebrates her 10th birthday by having her cheer team over for a cook out after practice. Gabe celebrates his 6.7 birthday by going boating. All parties   involve lots of friends. Happiness!*

September: School! Lucy in 5th grade, Gabe in 1st, Charlie still in PreK. Gym time. Chinese. Cheer. Violin. Playdates. Fun. Val goes on her first backpacking trip in a few years! Happiness.*

October: Lucy channels her inner monkey for Halloween. Gabe condescends to be a mummy, but only for about 10 minutes. Charlie is stoked to be a red Power Ranger (Troy).*

November: Gabe quietly celebrates his real 7th birthday. Charlie learns how to do his round-off. Contentment. Family. Friends. Happiness.*

December: December 14th, we finally get snow! Gabe competes in his first gymnastics meet! Lucy finally gets her round-off back tuck! Happiness.*

*Some grumbling. Some whining. Some fighting over lame stuff. Impressive temper tantrums, too.