Saturday, March 1, 2008

3.1.2008

Insanely hard, but not insane.


I feel like I'm way behind in blogging.
I AM way behind in blogging.

I missed the post I intended to do about the blocks that Lucy's grandparents sent (thanks, Mom and Dad-they're great!)...

I missed a lot of other posts that I had half planned-out in my head, but after trying to enumerate them, I decided to let them become water under the bridge.

"Onward and upward." I think I got that one from my dad.
***



So, yes. In case you were wondering, there is now a great collection of blocks at our house--complete with a lovely shelf. Lucy really likes them. Her daddy made her a staircase and it is now a frequent request on her build list. I have decided, however, that I would let the stairs be daddy thing, not a mommy thing.

This morning started out great. I woke up with no alarm clock assistance to a fantastic view of pink clouds and sunshine. For some reason, waking up to pink clouds and sunshine makes me happy and predisposes me to feel energetic. I threw caution to the wind last night and didn't set the alarm at all, so there was the possibility that I could have slept through Corena's yoga class. I was happy to see that I had plenty of time to get to the class, and even happier to find that Brian was planning to go paddling instead of skiing. This was significant to me for only one reason -- departure time. Brian was home with Lucy while I went to yoga with Rachel. He even made it to the park with her!

Any fathers who may happen across this page, take note. Mommies love it when you take the kid(s) out. Ummn. That sounded like I was talking about taking the dog for a walk. Maybe it can be said better like this: It "warms my heart" when my husband takes the initiative to go do something special with Lucy. It's that whole good daddy thing...it's evolutionarily sound to have a strong response to that kind of good behavior. ;)

So, after a good yoga class in which I literally poured out 2+ pounds of sweat, I came home to an empty house, knowing that Brian and Lucy were out swinging in the day's daily allotment of sun. As I type this now, I look out the window and we are in the midst of a full blown snowstorm.

I love storms.


On the way home from yoga, Rachel and I had a conversation that went something like this:

Rachel: I want to get some new yoga clothes.

Me: Have you tried TJ Maxx or Ross?

Rachel: Yeah, that's where I got these. *Rachel gestures to her pants.* You can see how well they've held up.

Me: Hmm. *thoughtful pause* I would like to get pants that don't show my sweat so much.

Rachel: Why? I'm sure no one notices that you look like you wet your pants.

When I got home, I did a little looking online for new pants. I found these at Prana that are supposed to have "great moisture management." I have never bought any yoga pants that were this expensive before, so I'm a little hesitant to predict that it will ever happen... We'll see. I really like my long black cotton pants because they DO absorb sweat well. They're just faded. When I'm doing uttanasana (standing up and bending over), I find it convenient to wipe my face off on my pants. That doesn't work as well with some fabrics.

While I looked for a link for uttanasana, I just found a new link that may prove to be very fruitful: Lucy is having a sale on activewear!

The description of these pants say that they "wick moisture and dry quickly."

So many yoga pants, so little time.