Monday, May 5, 2008

05.05.2008 -- Wedding Pictures

This weekend, besides going to yoga on Saturday morning, I was taking, editing, or dealing with wedding pictures. Friday was the wedding. Saturday the reception. It was a good experience.

Crystal and I got together Saturday morning to pick out pictures to develop for the reception. This was much harder to do than it was to take the actual photos. It went down to the wire, with last minute errands and separation of tasks saving the day.

Crystal at the reception


At the reception, one girl came up to me and said, "You suck at taking pictures."

I thought, "I guess you can't please everyone..."

Then she said, "I mean you suck in a good way. I mean I wish I could take pictures like you. I'm jealous of your skills, so you suck."

I didn't recognize this girl, so I have only one real guess about how she evaluated my "skills." She must have seen all of the photos displayed and assumed that I took all of them. I didn't. I took some of them. Would you take the time to explain that? I didn't. I think I said "oh," then nodded and smiled very broadly.

Trying to sleep Saturday night after the reception (and after reviewing photos), my mind was... electrified. I couldn't sleep because I kept reviewing what I could have done better and what I could do in the future. My thoughts also touched on nearly every creative aspect of my life. It was almost like I was sleeping, but I was aware enough of my surroundings that I know I wasn't, really. It's been a while since I was so immersed in something.

A bizarre experience-- but not unpleasant.

I haven't done any hard core editing to any of this stuff, but here are some photos I like from the reception:


Bride and Groom




Groom has moves.




Breakin'.




Friend of the family




Is she shocked, or just a bit of an actress?