Tuesday, May 6, 2008

05.06.2008 -- Thanks, Bro...


My brother went and made me a Zeer.

Not a pot, a website.

It only cost about a million bucks, and took over a year to do it, but he loves me a lot. I am a pretty good little sister.

...That kind of thing is harder than it looks. He quit his other job to raise capital and start this Zeer thingy for me. I love food and I love reviews, so it's the perfect gift. Thanks, bro. The site is great.

...I almost wish I had some sort of debilitating food allergy so I could use it to better advantage. Right now, even without allergies, I can go to Zeer to check out the nutritional information and reviews on food that I buy at the grocery store.

Don't get me wrong, I like to go out to eat, but I actually prefer to cook at home most of the time. That way I know what's going into my meal. I check labels at the grocery store, but I'm finding now that I have Lucy, I have less time to do that--between keeping things on the shelves and Lucy relatively happy. It's nice to be able to make decisions about what I want in my pantry at home before I get to the store.

My favorite part about Zeer, though, is that I get to read the reviews that people write about stuff. (Of course, I review, too. I do my part.)

I am a review nut. I subscribe to Consumer Reports (in both senses). I like Epinions and other websites' review features. Am I wrong to want to know more about what I buy before I have buyer's remorse? I am not, and neither are you.

Don't believe he made it for me? Click on the Techcrunch link here:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/05/05/food-review-site-zeer-launches/


See? Did you happen to notice the part about the target group??? Did I mention that I am a woman who is 31 years old?



Don't feel bad that no one has ever made you a Zeer. It doesn't happen every day. To make you feel better, I will tell you a few things I have never had happen to me:

No one ever made me a Google.
I have never gone to Hawaii.
I have never been serenaded from, or while I was standing on, a balcony.
I have never had my very own pony.
I never owned a Barbie.

Feel better now? Now that I look at that list, I see that someone was bound to make me a Zeer sooner or later.

I should get something for Mike to thank him, but what would be an appropriate gift? Maybe flowers. Maybe a t-shirt that says, "I made my sister a Zeer and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

No... He really went through a lot of trouble.

I should get him both.


Mike has had this idea for a long time. He's lucky to have a wife like Molly, who let him throw caution to the entrepreneurial wind to give this dream legs to stand on. She's pretty great: gorgeous, funny, calm, very easy to talk to (despite her massive brain--you've gotta love that in a person). Of course, it could be the fact that we're the same age that makes for easy conversation with Molly.




***

I'm just going to make a quick call to verify something...


***

Hey, did I tell you that my brother adores his wife so much that he made her a Zeer?

wink.


Okay, so I'm a joker. But the site's no joke. Zeer is real. Good job, Mike!
Here's another link to a Zeer review: http://www.sys-con.com/read/560725.htm