Thursday, May 15, 2008

05.15.2008 -- Back on the (Blogging) Horse


A week ago, Brian and Lucy and I were on a plane to Boston. Check that--we were waiting for our sweet rental mini-van in Boston. We got a free upgrade. For some reason, Brian thinks that I have an unquenchable desire to own a mini-van. I say this only because he kept telling me, "Enjoy the ride, Val. This is the only time we'll ever be driving a mini-van." Lucy kept calling it the bus.

So, we had a really nice time in Boston and in New Hampshire. Brian was a navigateur extraordinaire. Really. He made no wrong turns the entire trip. This becomes more impressive if you are familiar with Boston driving and even more impressive when you learn that we had no GPS or formal maps. Actually, we did have a map, but we never had to look at it. I guess we owe a lot to the relatives who took the time to explain it all (to Brian). Thanks!

We spent most of the weekend surrounded by family. This means that Lucy had 9 boy cousins to play with (most older than herself). By the end of the second or third day, she was climbing up and jumping off a 2 foot-high split rail fence. I helped her, but not by much.

Another blogworthy event that happened to take place in Keene, NH, was that I jumped 100 consecutive times on a pogo stick. (First try!) I decide what is blogworthy here--there's no committee!

About pogo sticks let me say this: if you are too light, you have no hope of actually using the pogo as it is meant to be used. I tried the same pogo stick years ago and recognized my own experience when my 8 year-old nephew tried it. Too light. At least there are some benefits to gaining weight. ............100 times!!! :)

It's almost perverse, the sense of satisfaction I get when all the laundry in the house is clean, folded or hung, and put away. I'm almost there today. My house is also fairly clean. Now you know why I have to leave the house today. Lucy fell asleep in the car while we were running errands. Argh! Now I have to go wake her up.

Seriously.

Right now.

I have to go wake up peaceful, sleepy little Lucy Tatum.

Or we'll have no peace tonight.