Thursday, November 27, 2008

11.27.2008 -- In the Meantime, Part II

I'm pretty sure my water broke this morning at about 8 am. I went for a little walk later and was even more sure. Because I have already DONE the whole stuck in the hospital thing (my water broke in the hospital when I went into labor with Lucy), I've been trying something different: keeping cool and collected at home. This is easier than it sounds. See, while I have been having some contractions, I am in no pain at all:ie, not in active labor. This is night and day different than laboring for Lucy except for one thing: With Lucy, all of my active labor happened at night. Of course, I have no idea if I'm actually progressing towards birth, but as long a things are this mellow, I'm hanging out here at home.

We took Lucy into KidsCare this morning to rule out strep throat and meningitis. Poor girl is still sick. After the okay from the pediatrician to go home, Brian had the fab idea of getting movies to veg out today. We've already watched (and fallen asleep to) The Princess Bride.

Dinner for today is at 4 pm at Grandma Judy's. Who knows what will happen there? I'm going to let Brian make the call, as it's his side of the family who might get Lucy's bug if we attend.

Right now, it's just after 2 in the afternoon. I woke up this morning at about 3 am with labor pains. I was ecstatic. I told no one. I went back to sleep on and off at about 6 after doing some housekeeping and drinking OJ to do a kick count. Kick count: fine. This early morning business was actually convenient, as Lucy ended up in our bed because she's been hurting. I ended up lying in bed, rubbing her belly, back, hip, or legs as she instructed me. It was good because it gave me something to do besides focus on contractions--although I admit I've been worried about Lucy. I hate to see her sick. Thought we were out of the woods when she made it 27 hours with no vomiting, then she lost it on our bed after the outing to the doctor and the Movie Rental place.

Sigh.

She and Brian are still asleep.