Saturday, November 29, 2008

11.29.2008 -- Whole New World

After a fine Thanksgiving (would've been better if Lucy had been 100%), Brian and I went to the hospital at about 8 pm to be checked in. They confirmed that my water had broken, so we settled in with hopes that I would go into active labor myself.

Within a couple of hours, things were moving--great news because I didn't want to have to have pitocin. Things went much faster than the first time, and although I wouldn't call it fun, it was 1000% worth it: our son arrived with no intervention or complications just after 5:30 am yesterday morning. He weighs 6 lbs. 6 oz. and measures 20 inches long.

These past few months, Lucy has been our little Magic 8 Ball.

"Lucy, are you going to have a brother or a sister?" To this question, I remember her giving varying answers, but some family members remember her distinctly predicting her brother, not a sister.

About a week ago, I asked Lucy what color of hair her brother would have. "Red," she said--then, "Blond, like mine." Well, guess what?







Our baby boy is a redhead today, but we're betting he'll go blond. Just like Lucy.

He is so sweet.