Sunday, September 15, 2013

09.14.2013 -- Forget Me Not

Things I don't want to forget:

Gabe, upon hearing about laser eye surgery, "Mom, does that mean that they are going to get LASER eyes???"

Gabe: "Mom, I love science. I'm going to be a space scientist when I grow up. You should have named me Bill Nye when I was born, so you could call me 'Bill Nye the Science Guy!'"

The way Charlie uses Y for other consonants.  "Mom, I yike you." "Mom, I yike my yooter."

The way Lucy is so independent and determined, but still loves to sleep in our bed.

Tickling the kids and hearing them laugh.

Seeing the sense of accomplishment on the kids' faces when they've finished a project that they thought was beyond them like cleaning up the basement to earn a movie night or an afternoon playing with friends.

Charlie deciding to potty train by himself, forsaking all stools, climbing up on the toilet by himself (but only when it's truly his idea).

Lucy and Gabe playing spies, telling me, "In the game, mom, you're a person who has no place to live and we just let you stay here for a while."

Charlie thinking its hilarious that I hate him shoving his fingers up my nose.

Gabe finally switching vocabulary from "goodest" to best.  (This week.)