Monday, April 7, 2008

04.07.2008 -- Lucy Likes Ben

My parents were in town Wednesday night through Monday morning. They stayed with us for one night then headed up to PleasantView to spend time with my sister and her family. Above is a picture of my dad with my brother-in-law, Eric, and Lucy. It was taken at a soccer game. It got cold enough that Lucy stopped running around for a while to warm-up in her uncle's arms.




Ben and Lucy




Lucy Likes Ben

Lucy likes Ben.
She likes to sprinkle food to her two fish:
"Baby Fish,"
and "Ken."

Lucy likes pink shoes with bows.
She likes to pull off white seeds stuck to the heart of a cut sweet pepper.
She likes swinging "fast" on a baby swing,
and polish on her toes.

Lucy likes to dance.
She likes melon in a red enamel bowl in pieces small enough to chew.
She likes belts and dresses, bows in her hair,
and pink leopard-print pants.

Lucy likes bags (all kinds).
She likes pocket collections of sidewalk rocks, pine cones, sticks and bugs.
She likes Clifford the Big Red Dog books,
and feather-dusting blinds.

Lucy likes swordfights.
She likes to climb mountains, dirt or human, and play yoga or acrobat.
She likes company, old or young,
and doesn't like goodnights.



What is this?

I ran into one of my favorite teachers from high school after 14 years (give or take) and it made me want to try a poem.