Thursday, April 24, 2008

04.24.2008 -- Special Treat for Snow Day


It's snowing. No trees today. Lots of snow-crusted mud, though! I will tell you a short story in honor of this April 24th snow day.

Once upon a time, there was a band called Hummingfish. I was introduced to the band in college by our friend Ben. We even had Christy and Ben perform one of their songs for our wedding.

Years later, our friend JD made a mix CD and the singer from Hummingfish was singing one of the songs. Ofter a brief obsessive period, I discovered that Deb Talan has been in a few bands. Currently, she is in a band called The Weepies, with her husband. I was in heaven. I bought all of their albums.

The Weepies came out with a new album two days ago. You can listen to the album for a few more days if you go to this site. Look in the lowest, leftest corner and click on ecard. (Or you could just click here, I guess.) Send the ecard to anyone you want (even yourself) and the happy recipient will be able to listen to the whole album. Hooray for The Weepies!

You are welcome.