Friday, April 25, 2008

04.25.2008 -- Comments, Anyone?

All right. I know that you are dying to know how I finally got my comments to show up. First, I would like to thank Crystal and her husband, Chad. Although Chad did not actually send me the the perfect information (through Crystal), they did get me looking at the code again. (I never did see the tags that the instructions on Blogger refer to. I'm pretty sure that this is because my template was designed in 2004: ancient.

I fixed it by clicking the "Revert to Classic Template" button. Once I did that, I was able to go to the comments tab and reselect all of my preferences. (They were set to not allow comments, etc.) Before I reverted to the classic "Dots Dark" template, my comments preferences showed that comments were allowed, but somehow, that never got put into code.

Now, if I get an itching to customize my template, I have to pick the new template. If I go back to the "new and improved" version of this template, no comments.

I will have to figure out which is worth more: my link list and quotes, or the comments. In the meantime, I will probably start looking for another template that allows both. Any suggestions on where to look?