Wednesday, April 23, 2008

04.23.2008 -- The Lorax Would be so Proud!


Brian and I have a thing for trees. My own thing extends to rocks, especially BIG rocks. When we decided to move into our current home (new construction), we did so with the intention of putting in a truck load of trees and rocks
. This was all in the budget.


Today, we are seeing the beginnings of our little forest.

Layton Tree Farms has been working hard to dig up the trees that Brian, Lucy and I picked out in the past few weeks. Like every other construction-related industry, actual delivery and installation of the goods is about a week behind the first date. I honestly can't tell you why I continue to be disappointed when things happen a week after contractors say they will. It is the rule that things will start to happen a minimum of seven days after something is scheduled. I guess it's my eternal optimism.

So far, two trees have been planted.




Of course, Lucy is having the time of her life supervising.


Now, a word of warning:

See this little foil-wrapped ball? The packaging on these says "Fine Hazelnut Chocolates." I am pretty sure that they contain equal parts hazelnut, equal parts crack. Beware.