Thursday, March 5, 2009

03.05.2009 -- Dairy Queen

All bundled up to watch ice carving at Soldier's Hollow...

His hair is growing back and it looks pretty red!

Those cheeks are even more kissable than they look.


One thing my sweet mother-in-law likes to say is that Gabe has his very own "Dairy Queen." Well, this Dairy Queen has gone Dairyless.

To spare you the details, I will just say that his diapers told me something was off. I've also realized that some of his skin issue (like a sore bum and eczema-like scaliness) were probably related, too. After some searching on the internet, I found that there was a good chance that Gabe is allergic to cow's milk and that I would need to cut it from my diet if I wanted the symptoms to go away. I started yesterday. I sometimes joke that Lucy is made up of some high percentage of milk products (yogurt, milk, cheese, etc..), but never stopped to think how much of my diet included milk--that is, until it was making Gabe sick.

I am actually seeing an improvement already, if you can believe it. (Apparently, it takes 10 - 14 days for the proteins to work their way out of a system.)