Monday, January 21, 2008

1.21.2008

For my birthday, I want a good passport photo. I'm not even asking for a great one.

Nah. It won't be possible. I already sent in everything. You're too late!!!

In case anyone is wondering, my birthday is months away. I just like to say "for my birthday, I want" ...then add whatever I think will be impossible to procure.

Soon, I will have a new passport in my hot little hands. That is, relatively soon. 6 weeks or so. This will be useful when I go to Costa Rica, I think. Brian and I are going on a week long surf trip. It should be pretty great--beach house, good friends, ocean. You get the picture. This year, Brin and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary, and I am calling this trip an anniversary trip. It's not really. It's just a trip with friends. But you have to admit that it is much more interesting to say that for our 10th anniversary we're going to Costa Rica than .. oh, I don't know.. Usually we end up celebrating our anniversaries at a local restaurant then go see a friend or go home. A couple of times I think we've arranged for massages for both of us at the same time. That usually works best if one plans ahead, by the way. This is not a strength of mine. I can either say we're going to Costa Rica or dinner. Can you blame me?

I got up at 5:30 this morning to exercise. That's right. You may congratulate me when you see me next. Ha! This will be the third week of consistently waking up too early to exercise. This morning Rachel and I did a DVD by Jillian of Biggest Loser fame. It was hard. I liked it.

Then we broke out Dance Dance Revolution. Rachel had never played before. Because I haven't played in more than a year, I had forgotten about it. However, when 4 of my (insert superlative here) nieces and nephews spent Saturday with Lucy and me, we resurrected DDR and in order for Tayler and Suzanne to complete a song, they needed someone who had played more. So, I danced a few songs and remembered two things: it is fun, and it is actually a very good workout. I am so glad Rachel didn't laugh in my face and say derisive things when I tentatively suggested that we play after doing the Jillian thing.

So it was her first time playing that game. As for me, I had never done "burpees" or "mountain climbers" before this morning. Fun.




Lucy just woke up. The first thing she said, "Mom, let's go sledding. I'll get my snowboots."



Time to find snowboots!